Despite the tensions between the two nations, Pakistani traders have sent in applications to participate in the 11th Punjab International Trade Expo (PITEX) to be held in Amritsar from December 8 to 12.
Watch What Else is Making News
However, whether their applications will be processed or not is yet to be seen as many Pakistani traders were not given a visa by the Indian government for two similar trade shows planned in Chandigarh and Delhi after the Uri attack in September.
Organiser of the event, PHD (Progress Harmony Development) chamber’s regional director Dr Parveen Rathee, said, “Around 40 participants from Pakistan have confirmed their participation so far. They have been coming for this fair for the last 10 years. Tension between both countries have really not affected their participation in the past. We had a similar trade fair exclusively for Pakistan traders in Chandigarh in February earlier this year after the Pathankot terror attack. We had no problem in that.”
“The visa is usually provided to them two or three days before the start of the event,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More