Shiromani Akali Dal condemned the storming of a police station by PPCC President Capt Amarinder Singh and said this showed that “frustration of the state Congress chief was at peak due to the lackluster response to his campaign by the people of Punjab”.
SAD secretary and spokesman Dr Daljit Singh Cheema, in a statement, said “It is understandable that when Capt Amarinder Singh’s campaign is not picking up in the state and people have cold shouldered his style, he is now resorting to these type of gimmicks only to make headlines.”
Cheema said it was highly unbecoming of a political leader like him to storm a police station and threaten a law enforcing officer of ‘“dismissal”.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
“If he had any genuine grievance against any SHO, he should have brought it to the notice of the DGP, but the way Capt Amarinder Singh has behaved, it amounts to intimidating the junior police officer just to please his political aides,” added Cheema.
Cheema said ahead of the 2012 assembly elections too, Amarinder had resorted to such “news creation” activities. He that at that time too he had tried to threaten the bureaucracy as well as police force and tried to pressurize them to not to perform their bona-fide Cheema also said “At that time he had gone a step ahead and wrote letters to the banks to not lend money for development activities in the state and had even asked the then Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh to stop grants to the state.”