Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh today took a dig at the Aam Aadmi Party for its protest in Delhi over the arrest of its MLA, saying they always “cry wolf” for its “own faults”.
Condemning party’s “agitating and blackmailing” tactics, the former Punjab CM said it was a classic case of “double standards and political blackmail”, which the AAP is best known for.
“Why not have faith in courts?” Amarinder asked the party.
He was referring to party’s dharna in Delhi over the arrest of its legislator Dinesh Mohaniya on the charges of molestation.
- Captain Amarinder Singh as CM face was timed to boost Congress campaign in last lap
- Rahul names Captain Amarinder Singh as Punjab CM face, hits out at Kejriwal, Badals
- Furious Badal calls House, Captain quits Lok Sabha
- Asha Kumari will be asset to party in Punjab: Capt Amarinder Singh
- SAD, BJP, AAP attack Congress on Asha Kumari's appointment; Amarinder defends
- Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh takes dig at AAP
Amarinder, in a statement here, said the AAP is now accusing the Central government of having imposed “emergency” in Delhi and resorting to the political vendetta, just because some of its legislators have been caught on the wrong foot, while the same AAP strongly defended the Enforcement Directorate notice to his son Raninder Singh, which, otherwise, was out of sheer political vendetta.
“When we said, it was a case of political vendetta, which actually it is, since Arun Jaitley wants to avenge his Amritsar defeat, they sided with him (Jaitley) and now when their MLA has been detained for serious criminal charges they are crying vendetta”, he said.
The sitting MP from Amritsar asked the AAP as why it did not wait for the courts to decide on the matter.
“If you really think your legislator is innocent, why you are not having faith in the courts?” he asked, adding, “ultimately the matter will go to the court where nothing but the truth will prevail”.