Abhishek Yadav, a Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader in Allahabad, was on Saturday night caught wearing a burqa and molesting women at a Muharram Majlis at an Imambara in Mani Umarpur village. As per a Hindustan Times report, Yadav – who is the district secretary of VHP – was beaten up by the crowd before they handed him over to the police.
The incident came to light after women suspected two burqa-clad persons and accused them of harassment after which they were forced to remove their veil. Reportedly, Yadav’s accomplice managed to flee from the scene.
The Times of India reports that the village elders pacified the furious mob and convinced them to call the police. Yadav’s family has however said that he was attacked and looted while on his way to the village.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Yadav, who is the husband of BJP zilla panchayat member Shipra Yadav has been booked under sections 296 and 354A. An FIR was registered against Yadav by the police and he was admitted to a hospital.