All communication channels with the Indian military including the hotline are open, the Pakistan army has said, even as it accused India of escalating tensions.
“The Indian forces violated the Line of Control by fire and then few hours later they made a false claim about surgical strikes across the Line of Control. We did check everything on ground and we found the claim was absolutely false,” Director-General of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Lt Gen Asim Bajwa said.
“What we see is that there is more intensified firing along the LoC, and of course, when there is more fire, the situation does escalate. The environment also escalates when there is more rhetoric and more statement and more pronouncements” by the Indian side, Bajwa told China’s state-run Xinhua news agency yesterday.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
At least two Pakistani soldiers have been killed while nine injured in the Indian firing over the past week, the general said.
However, the army spokesman emphasised on the importance of resolving the current tension through dialogue.
He said contacts between Pakistani and Indian armies are maintained, confirming that the Director Generals of the Military Operations have talked over the phone after the “start of the cross LoC firing”.
“All communication channels including the hotline between the two militaries are open,” he said, adding that the UN Military Observer Group in Pakistan and India also monitors the situation and reports to its headquarters.
India carried out surgical strikes on seven terror launch pads across the LoC on the intervening night of September 28 and 29, with the Army saying it had inflicted “significant casualties” on terrorists preparing to infiltrate from PoK.
The strike came just days after the attack by Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed on an Indian army camp in Uri in Kashmir that killed 19 soldiers.