Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) has released a message exhorting Kashmiri Muslims to follow Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani’s footsteps and carry out attacks using petrol bombs or “a dagger or knife to slit the throats of forces of Kufr”.
Stating that “the jihad of Mujahid Burhan and his companions is the only true path”, it said the response of the “Kashmiri Muslim nation” must not remain confined to agitations of a few days. It also gave tips on how to plan attacks.
- War on Indian cities key to victory in Kashmir: Al-Qaeda
- On Babri anniversary, message from al-Qaeda in Kashmir calls on Indians to join jihad
- Osama followed developments in Kashmir, Headley trial: CIA documents
- Pakistan betrayed Kashmiris, says al-Qaeda branch
- Jihad unlimited: Does Kashmir need a military response or a political one?
- Do not hand over Burhan Wani’s body to family: Kashmiri activist Sushil Pandit
Titled ‘A message to the Mujahid Nation of Kashmir”, it said, “The response of the Kashmiri Muslim nation to the martyrdom of Mujahid Burhan [May Allah accept him as Shaheed] must not remain confined to agitations of a few days.”
Providing operational tips, it said, “Attack the forts of the enemies. Petrol bombs are one of the best ways to soften up the enemies and then attack them with knives and iron rods.”