Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) has released a message exhorting Kashmiri Muslims to follow Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani’s footsteps and carry out attacks using petrol bombs or “a dagger or knife to slit the throats of forces of Kufr”.
Stating that “the jihad of Mujahid Burhan and his companions is the only true path”, it said the response of the “Kashmiri Muslim nation” must not remain confined to agitations of a few days. It also gave tips on how to plan attacks.
- Militant faultlines deepen as Amarnath attack suspect Abu Ismail killed in Srinagar
- Jaish-e-Muhammad chief Masood Azhar calls for action in Myanmar
- Full text: Report of third visit by Yashwant Sinha-led Concerned Citizens Group to Kashmir
- Citizens’ team finds Kashmir waiting for talks, PM Modi's I-Day words
- India bringing Hindutva to Valley: Hizbul commander
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, Army chief Bajwa pay tribute to Burhan Wani on death anniversary
Titled ‘A message to the Mujahid Nation of Kashmir”, it said, “The response of the Kashmiri Muslim nation to the martyrdom of Mujahid Burhan [May Allah accept him as Shaheed] must not remain confined to agitations of a few days.”
Providing operational tips, it said, “Attack the forts of the enemies. Petrol bombs are one of the best ways to soften up the enemies and then attack them with knives and iron rods.”