The hi-tech customised ‘rath’ of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, which broke down after covering less than a kilometre, has been repaired and is ready to roll once again after November 14. “The snag in the rath has been rectified and it is ready to roll once again. It has been tested by engineers and security personnel. The next leg of yatra is likely to start on November 14 or 15 from Jhansi,” a senior SP leader said.
The final date of the second phase of yatra will be announced soon, he said.
After leaving the La-Martinere College ground and hitting Lohia Path at a stone’s throw distance from the flag-off venue on November 3, the bright red rath developed some technical problems forcing Akhilesh to shift to his official vehicle.
The Chief Minister waited anxiously for the repair work to be over, but as it took time, he decided to go ahead in his official SUV.
Due to the snag in the modified bus, Akhilesh’s yatra remained a road show.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Redesigned keeping in mind security and other requirements of the CM, the 10-wheel Mercedes Benz Bus has world class interiors and is equipped with top-of-the-line gadgets and amenities.
It has bullet proof glass and is divided into two sectors — office and beyond. The office area is like a mini office of chief minister wherein the CM can hold a meeting with around five to six persons.
The other area comprises a kitchen, reclining area and plush washroom.
It has modern acoustic system and an elevator which would take the CM to the roof to interact with a larger audience.
It has a network-enabled internet facility with 4G speed to keep the twitter-savvy CM always connected. He can also make video calls from the rath, which was customised at a cost of Rs five crore. The party has not disclosed the cost officially.
The royal vehicle is fitted with LED screens to play creatives (videos, photos, photo videos) showcasing the achievements of the Akhilesh Yadav government.