Despite facing flak for the delay in payment by sugarcane mill owners to farmers, the Akhilesh Yadav government on Monday cleared the proposal to waive the interest to be paid by the mills for the pending payment.
The decision was taken based on the request given by the Sugar Mills Association on April 6, 2015. An official spokesperson said the decision was taken on the recommendation of the committee formed under the sugarcane commissioner in this regard.
What what else is in the news
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Cabinet also cleared the proposal to fix the support price for paddy purchase for 2016-17. While Rs 1,470 per quintal has been fixed as the support price for common paddy, Rs 1,510 has been fixed as the support price for A-grade crop. The rates would be applicable from October 1 to February 28.
The proposal to organise the International Cycle rally on the to-be constructed Agra-Etawah cycle highway was also cleared, as was the upgradation of forest rest houses in Agra, Firozabad and Etawah, along with clearance to purchase 15 AC vehicles for tourists. Other decisions include regularisation of sports teachers of three sports colleges, honorarium to policemen and drivers to be deployed for DIAL-100 project.