Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today asked BJP what it has given to the people even after getting maximum number of seats from the state in the 2014 general elections.
He said the party should answer to the people of Uttar Pradesh as to what it had given them in return for bagging the maximum seats.
“BJP government and its MPs from UP have done nothing, instead the state had to suffer a loss of Rs 9,000 crore after the formation of the Niti Aayog and the BJP MPs from the state did nothing,” Yadav alleged while addressing a gathering.
- PM is to stray 'somewhere else' through his roadshows: Akhilesh Yadav
- Demonetisation chaos will help us retain power: Akhilesh Yadav
- Mulayam Singh Yadav, Shivpal send Samajwadi Party unity message at Akhilesh rath yatra
- Uma Bharti taunts Samajwadi Party, says condition of UP worse than Jammu and Kashmir
- Kairana migration probe has ‘exposed’ BJP claims: UP CM Akhilesh
- BJP did nothing for the people of UP: Akhilesh Yadav
He added that his government’s only focus is on development.
“In our 2012 election manifesto, we had promised to connect all districts with four-lane roads and we have fulfilled our promise by connecting 40 districts so far with such roads while the work is on in other districts,” he said.
Yadav laid the foundation stone of the 44 km-long Kheri-Sitapur four-lane state highway. He also laid the foundations of Sisaiya-Nighasan-Dhanauraghat state highway and of 13 other new projects.