Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today asked BJP what it has given to the people even after getting maximum number of seats from the state in the 2014 general elections.
He said the party should answer to the people of Uttar Pradesh as to what it had given them in return for bagging the maximum seats.
“BJP government and its MPs from UP have done nothing, instead the state had to suffer a loss of Rs 9,000 crore after the formation of the Niti Aayog and the BJP MPs from the state did nothing,” Yadav alleged while addressing a gathering.
- Decoding the arithmetic of potential SP-BSP alliance in run-up to 2019 general elections
- Loss in Gorakhpur, Phulpur by-polls crushed BJP’s arrogance, says Akhilesh Yadav
- The big bypoll shift: Non-Yadav OBCs who voted BJP do a rethink
- ‘To defeat BJP’, Mayawati’s BSP to support SP in UP bypolls
- 2019 Lok Sabha elections: Akhilesh Yadav says alliance talks a waste of time
- BJP did nothing for the people of UP: Akhilesh Yadav
He added that his government’s only focus is on development.
“In our 2012 election manifesto, we had promised to connect all districts with four-lane roads and we have fulfilled our promise by connecting 40 districts so far with such roads while the work is on in other districts,” he said.
Yadav laid the foundation stone of the 44 km-long Kheri-Sitapur four-lane state highway. He also laid the foundations of Sisaiya-Nighasan-Dhanauraghat state highway and of 13 other new projects.