THREE DAYS after Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav refrained from naming his son as the CM candidate for next year’s Assembly polls, SP vice-president Kiranmay Nanda on Monday said Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will be the party’s chief ministerial face.
Recently, while refusing to name Akhilesh as the CM candidate, Mulayam had said that elected MLAs and the SP parliamentary board will take a a call on the matter after the elections.
Speaking to mediapersons at the SP office in Lucknow, Nanda — also a Rajya Sabha MP — tried to clarify on Mulayam’s statement. “The SP chief was talking about the procedure and system of electing a CM when he said that the decision will be taken by the parliamentary board and MLAs. Akhilesh is our CM and he will be party’s CM face. This is the message of Netaji (Mulayam). This is what I had said last month as well,” he said while adding that he was making the statement as the SP vice-president.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
Nanda said no other party except SP has a “shandaar (glorious) face like Akhilesh Yadav”. “The media has discussed a lot about what Mulayam had said… the party had earlier said that Akhilesh is the CM face… SP state president Shivpal Yadav too had said so in Etawah and Ballia at the weekend,” he added.
He, however, refused to comment on reports that SP general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav has to Mulayam, criticising him for not announcing Akhilesh as the CM face and predicting the party patriarch could be held responsible for the damage it could cause to the party. “It is a personal letter of Ram Gopal,” said Nanda.
He announced that Shivpal will flag off the third phase of the ongoing ‘Mulayam Sandesh Yatra’ from Varanasi on November 9.
“The yatra is a getting good response and Akhilesh will become the CM for the second time after the elections,” said Nanda.