A day after SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal challenged former chief minister Amarinder Singh to mention just five achievements when he was at the helm, Congress on Thursday dismissed the Akali leader’s demand as “contemptible and unworthy” of consideration.
“Sukhbir Badal’s demand for Amarinder Singh to list out the achievements of his tenure as chief minister is contemptible and unworthy,” several state Congress leaders maintained.
The Punjab Congress today also released a 10-point “chargesheet” detailing the alleged serious failures of the Akali government on various fronts.
Taking a dig at Sukhbir for his “selective amnesia”, the Congress leaders said the deputy chief minister had asked this question on earlier occasions too and Amarinder had, in fact, submitted a detailed response in the state Assembly.
“Sukhbir’s demand that Amarinder should again come out with a list of his achievements is ridiculous and not worth responding to,” the PPCC leaders said, claiming the PPCC president’s achievements as Chief Minister not limited to just five but exceed 100.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On Wednesday, Sukhbir had launched a scathing attack on Amarinder, asking whether he was feeling “ashamed” to talk about his tenure in the state by maintaining a “complete silence” about it.
He had challenged Amarinder to mention just five things or achievements when he was the Punjab CM.
Congress leaders said Akali government was in the docks over its all-round failure during its 9-year rule.
Citing the “failures” of the Badal government, Punjab Congress senior vice-president Laal Singh and party MLAs Kewal Singh Dhillon and Rana Gurjit Singh said the Akalis had allegedly “meticulously and shamelessly plundered” Punjab, plunging it into a state of total anarchy, with not an iota of development to claim.
“The corrupt leadership of the Akali-BJP combine had chipped away the state’s glorious legacy to leave a trail of disaster, which had impacted every individual and destroyed many families,” the Congress leaders alleged in a release.