Former Union minister Manish Tewari on Sunday accused the SAD-BJP government of “destroying” Punjab in last ten years and people were waiting for the return of Amarinder Singh as the Chief Minister of the state. Addressing a function organised on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti in Ludhiana, he said, the Akalis had “destroyed and devastated” Punjab in last ten years in all respects.
“People want to get rid of them (the Akalis) as soon as they can. They see their hope only in Amarinder (Singh)”, the Congress leader said asking people to support the party. Tewari said it was the question of ‘Punjab, Punjabi and Punjabiyat’ and only Congress party under Singh can safeguard it.
“We have done it in the past and we will do it in future again,” he said, while asserting that AAP did not have even a remote idea about Punjab. Besides, he added, the AAP had “destroyed” Delhi in two years the same way the Akalis had destroyed Punjab in last ten years. He also asked people to remain cautious against the “alluring” promises made by the Aam Aadmi Party.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“You have a careful, but clear choice with AAP and Akalis, on one side and Capt Amarinder on the other side,” he said.