Days after being removed from the Congress Working Committee following his announcement to float his own party, former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Ajit Jogi finally resigned from the Congress.
“I have resigned from Congress party’s primary membership and have sent my resignation to the party president. I was already relieved of other responsibilities of the party,” Jogi told reporters here.
- Will contest against Raman Singh: Ajit Jogi
- Bilaspur High Court upholds Jogis’ tribal status petition, Congress alleges fixed match
- BJP will win Chattisgarh again, Ajit Jogi not a factor: Brijmohan Agrawal
- Congress notice to Renu Jogi for attending husband Ajit Jogi’s event
- Chhattisgarh: Ajit Jogi’s plan to launch a new party heats up the political scenario
- Ajit Jogi set to float new party, says Cong made compromises
Jogi’s political secretary Ashok Sharma said the former Chief Minister had already announced his plan to form a new party, following which he officially tendered his resignation.
Jogi will attend a public meeting under his ‘Gram Awaz Programme’ on June 21 at Thathapur in Kawarda district, the home turf of Chief Minister Raman Singh, Sharma said.
Congress is holding a division-level programme on the same day in Marwahi which was only meant to distract the people from Jogi’s programme, he said, alleging that Congress leaders organised the programme at BJP’s behest.
On June 6 Jogi had announced that he would float his own political party.