Kerala Governor Justice P Sathasivam on Tuesday night missed an Air India flight from Kochi to Thiruvananthapuram after the pilot allegedly refused to wait for him to board the flight.
While the Governor reached the airport around 11.28 pm after attending functions in Kozhikode and Thrissur, the flight took off at 11.32 pm. He left for Thiruvananthapuram by road on Wednesday.
Air India Kochi manager Patric Xavier said: “We were informed about the Governor’s journey. The flight from Delhi to Thiruvananthapuram via Kochi was scheduled to reach Kochi at 9.15 pm, but it landed in Kochi at 10.58 pm. The pilot said passengers would protest if the flight was further delayed.’’
- How Congress fought back from loss in Karnataka: A new ally on board, a plane for Singhvi, an app to record phone calls
- Last resort: Nervous Congress and JD(S) MLAs board a bus to Kochi
- Delhi HC seeks govt, DGCA’s stand on plea regarding pilots’ duty limitations
- Thunderstorm in Delhi claims three lives, flights, metro hit; storm to continue for next 48-72 hours
- Indigo flight delayed by five hours due to bad weather, passengers protest at IGI airport
- Angry AI passengers spark hijack scare
Raj Bhavan sources said they had information that the flight would take off at 11. 40 pm.
But, when the Governor reached the airport at 11.28 pm, he saw the flight being pushed back, they said.