Kerala Governor Justice P Sathasivam on Tuesday night missed an Air India flight from Kochi to Thiruvananthapuram after the pilot allegedly refused to wait for him to board the flight.
While the Governor reached the airport around 11.28 pm after attending functions in Kozhikode and Thrissur, the flight took off at 11.32 pm. He left for Thiruvananthapuram by road on Wednesday.
Air India Kochi manager Patric Xavier said: “We were informed about the Governor’s journey. The flight from Delhi to Thiruvananthapuram via Kochi was scheduled to reach Kochi at 9.15 pm, but it landed in Kochi at 10.58 pm. The pilot said passengers would protest if the flight was further delayed.’’
- Ruler of Sharjah in Kerala on five-day visit
- Air India Express aircraft veers off taxiway due to heavy rains
- Air India Express aircraft veers off taxiway at Kochi airport, all passengers safe
- Kochi-Mumbai flight: Engine snag forces GoAir plane to make emergency landing
- RSS worker murder: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan, DGP meet Governor P Sathasivam
- Kochi Metro inauguration highlights: PM Modi inaugurates rail service, says coaches reflect 'Make in India' vision
Raj Bhavan sources said they had information that the flight would take off at 11. 40 pm.
But, when the Governor reached the airport at 11.28 pm, he saw the flight being pushed back, they said.