The governing body of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences has cleared the proposal to increase the retirement age of its teaching faculty from 65 to 67 years. The proposal will now have to await the approval of the Cabinet for it to be implemented. The decision was taken during the 150th meeting of the governing body and 10th meeting of the institute body chaired by Union Health Minister J P Nadda late Friday evening. Nadda in his capacity as the Health Minister is also the President of AIIMS.
“The two bodies have cleared the proposal to increase the retirement age of teaching faculty to 67 years from the present limit of 65,” an AIIMS spokesperson said. The new proposal, however, does not apply to the AIIMS Director.
“Though the proposal does not include the institute’s director, the government can still bring the same in its ambit through Parliamentary procedure,” the spokesperson said. The AIIMS has already begun the search for its new director starting this month.
Present Director Dr M C Misra is superannuating on January 31 next year. During the governing and institute’s bodies meeting, Nadda had also directed the AIIMS administration to take all necessary steps to operationalise the National Cancer Institute by April 2018.
The NCI is coming up in Jhajjhar in Haryana which would be equipped with top medical facilities including first-of-its-kind tissue repository.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More