AIADMK MPs on Tuesday marched towards the Prime Minister’s office to discuss the Cauvery issue.
“Today we handed over the memorandum to PM Modi. Cauvery Management Board will be constituted quickly,” said AIADMK MP M Thambidurai after meeting PM Modi.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The march comes a day after the Centre told Supreme Court that it cannot be directed to set up the Cauvery Water Management Board (CWMB), but was setting up a technical panel to assess the situation between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
Watch What Else Is Making News
The union government had urged the Supreme Court to recall the order asking it to set up the CWMB on the ground that the issue fell in the hands of the legislature.
But on Tuesday, Tamil Nadu government asked Centre to withdraw application in Supreme Court seeking modification of order on constituting the CWMB.
On Monday, the Karnataka legislature had passed a new resolution clearing the release of the 6000 cusecs of water to Tamil Nadu for three days as directed by the Supreme Court.