With Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa continuing to receive treatment at a hospital here, AIADMK party cadres conducted special prayers across the state on Sunday, wishing her a speedy recovery. Led by senior party leaders, ministers and MLAs, special ‘lakshmi poojas’ were conducted in temples in Dindigul, Karur, Ulundurpet, Tiruvannamalai, Tiruvarur, Salem and also in Chennai, party sources said.
Some party members also did special poojas at a temple in the premises of Apollo Hospital, where the 68-year-old Chief Minister was admitted on September 22.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Today, being a full moon day, our party colleagues conducted special pooja for betterment of our amma (Jayalalithaa). We hope she will come back home very soon,” AIADMK party spokesperson C R Saraswathi told reporters.
At a temple in Salem, about 2,000 party cadres carried milk pots, praying for the speedy recovery of Jayalalithaa.
Ever since Jayalalithaa was hospitalised last month, the hospital has received a steady stream of VVIP visitors, including Union Ministers and leaders of political parties.