Agra’s SN Medical College on Thursday suspended the head of its surgery department, four days after he was allegedly heard advising a junior doctor to admit a patient and “kill him” in an audio clip that had gone viral.
The district administration and college authorities had ordered separate inquiries on Monday after Dr Shwetank Prakash’s voice was purportedly heard in the clip.
The patient, 18-year-old Brijesh Singh, reportedly died six hours after being admitted to the hospital.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
His father, Teekam Singh, resident of Sikandara locality in Agra, had submitted the audio clip with a complaint he filed at the MM Gate police station on Sunday alleging that junior doctors had refused to admit Brijesh Friday night.
The father claimed that Brijesh’s cousin had then called up the senior surgeon seeking help to get the patient, who was suffering from a septic ulcer, admitted to the hospital.
The senior doctor allegedly spoke to a subordinate on Brijesh’s cousin’s phone.
The audio clip is a recording of the purported conversation in which Dr Prakash is allegedly heard saying, “Admit zaroor kar lo, surgery me ya medicine me, marne ke liye hi admit kar lo, maar daalo usey, blood likh do dus unit, apne aap bhaag jayega (Admit him, either in the medicine or surgery department, even if he dies later, kill him, prescribe 10 units of blood, he will run away on his own).”
While the police had refused to lodge a case, two separate inquiries were ordered by the dean of SN Medical College Dean and the Agra district magistrate into allegations against Dr Prakash and alleged negligence in the treatment of the patient.
Dr Ajay Agarwal, the acting principal of SN Medical College, said that Dr Prakash had been suspended on the basis of the complaint, but the inquiry is yet to begin. He, along with two other doctors are probing the matter, while the one ordered by DM Agra Gaurav Dayal is headed by the additional district magistrate (City).