FIVE MEMBERS of a family committed suicide at their residence in Meerut on Friday. Police said the family was facing heavy debts, worth at least Rs 1.5 crore, leading them to take the extreme step.
The deceased have been identified as Mohan Arora (65), his wife Krishna Arora (60), their son Vinit (40), his wife Puja (38) and their son Abhishek (14). Vinit and his father used to run a shop of auto parts. The incident took place in Raghukul Vihar Colony in TP Nagar area.
Neighbours informed the police after they spotted Mohan lying dead on a bed in the verandah around 9 am. As the police arrived, they four other bodies hanging from iron rods in courtyard ceiling. TP Nagar police SHO Hansraj Bhadauria said: “The elderly man’s wrist were slashed and blood was splattered all around. The others appeared to hanged themselves…”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We have found three suicide notes, which mention that the family was taking the extreme step due to heavy loans and financial losses. The notes mentioned that the family had to repay the bank loans worth Rs 1.5 crores and also had similar debts to their friends and relatives,” he added.