With Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed threatening that Pakistan would show India what surgical strikes are, the Congress Party on Saturday lashed out at the former and said Islamabad should be ready to face the consequences for the same. Congress spokesperson Meem Afzal said the Pakistan Government and Saeed are involved in terror attacks and added that India has given a befitting reply to them each time.
“The statement of Hafiz Saeed in itself depicts that he is involved with the Pakistan Government,” said Afzal. “And in the coming time, I would like to tell this to Hafiz Saeed that if they (Pakistan government and Saeed) want to show us what surgical strikes are then they should also be ready for our reply,” he added.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Stating that Saeed has been involved in many attacks, Afzal said, “Now, we (India) have given a fitting reply for the same and what else they can speak.” The JuD chief earlier said that New Delhi staged “surgical strike” drama following domestic pressure on Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to retaliate after 19 soldiers were killed in an attack on an army base camp in Jammu and Kashmir’s Uri sector.