Congress government in Kerala on Thursday accorded a reception for Pakistani ghazal mastreo Ustad Ghulam Ali who would stage concerts in Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode in the next two days.
Shiv Sena activists burned the effigy of Ghulam Ali in front of the hotel where the function was held in tight police security. Sena had demanded cancellation of the event against the backdrop of the terror strike at Pathankot IAF base.
- Hindu Sena men detained after Ghulam Ali's event cancelled
- Shiv Sena says will interrupt Ghulam Ali event in UP
- Ghulam Ali to perform in Delhi after Mumbai cancellation, tweets Arvind Kejriwal
- Shiv Sena attacks CM Devendra Fadnavis for his support to Pakistan Ghazal singer Ghulam Ali
- AAP invites singer Ghulam Ali to Delhi, slams ‘Sena-BJP political opportunism’
- Row over concert: Sena’s opposition seen as bid to return to political centrestage
Ali, who is treated as a state guest, had reached Thiruvananthapuram on Wednesday night. The reception was addressed by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan, CPI (M) state secretary Kodiyeri Balakrishnan and several other political leaders and cultural activists.
Ali was given the global legendary award of the Swaralaya, an organisation promoting classical art and music. He was also garlanded and given mementos by represenatives of the government and cultural organisations.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said that the reception accorded to Ali demonstrated the rich cultural tradition of the state.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A group of Shiv Sena activists marched towards the venue to protest, but the police prevented them from disrupting the reception.