An Afghan national has been apprehended at the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) here for entering the terminal illegally on an alleged fake e-ticket. Officials said the incident was reported at about 7:00 PM on September 30 when a person identified as S Mohammad Faiz was intercepted by CISF officials while he was exiting the airport terminal.
Faiz, an Afghanistan citizen, told the sleuths that he entered the IGIA using a cancelled e-ticket to see off his mother who was travelling to Jeddah. He said he had booked himself and his parents on a flight to Jeddah for September 29 but later changed plans and re-booked tickets for his mother to travel alone on Friday.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
He later allegedly used the cancelled ticket to enter the airport.
“As entering the airport terminal on a cancelled e-ticket is illegal, Faiz was handed to Delhi Police who apprehended him and booked him on charges of criminal trespass and cheating,” they said.