A 22-year-old woman was allegedly raped in a private hospital at Bahadurgarh in Haryana’s Jhajjar district, in the early hours of Saturday. The victim had delivered a baby recently and had been admitted in the ICU when the alleged incident took place.
The accused was caught on CCTV cameras installed at the hospital but managed to escape after he realised the presence of the cameras. Police are conducting raids in Bahadurgarh and the neighbouring areas to nab him.
The victim, who had delivered a baby through surgical incision (C-section), was admitted in the ICU at the private hospital in Jhajjar. The CCTV footage shows a man getting down from a Verna car outside the hospital, at around 3.30 am, and going straight to the ICU. He is also seen leaving the hospital.
- Rape in hospital ICU: Accused identified, arrest in 24 hours, say police
- Jhajjar: 2 students dead, 43 hurt in mishap
- HC upholds life term for doc who raped patient
- Doctor accused of raping ICU patient arrested
- Relatives beat up doctors after woman dies at SMIMER Hospital
- Newborn kidnapped from Civil Hospitals gynaecology ward
The woman had urged a nurse to call her husband and then informed him of the incident. Bahadurgarh City police station SHO Randhir Singh said the woman’s husband lodged a complaint on the basis of which a case of rape has been registered against an unidentified man. “The accused’s face is clearly visible in the CCTV footage. We are getting the footage from other places in Bahadurgarh as well to trace his movement. His pictures will be circulated,” he said.
An official from the hospital said they are looking into the lapses in security that allowed someone to enter the ICU. “There are eight beds. Beds on either side of the alleged victim are occupied but no one heard any noise,” he added.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest