A 22-year-old woman was allegedly raped in a private hospital at Bahadurgarh in Haryana’s Jhajjar district, in the early hours of Saturday. The victim had delivered a baby recently and had been admitted in the ICU when the alleged incident took place.
The accused was caught on CCTV cameras installed at the hospital but managed to escape after he realised the presence of the cameras. Police are conducting raids in Bahadurgarh and the neighbouring areas to nab him.
The victim, who had delivered a baby through surgical incision (C-section), was admitted in the ICU at the private hospital in Jhajjar. The CCTV footage shows a man getting down from a Verna car outside the hospital, at around 3.30 am, and going straight to the ICU. He is also seen leaving the hospital.
- Odisha: Tribal woman delivers baby near drain in hospital premises
- Minor ‘molested’ in hospital: Cops say can’t retrieve CCTV footage
- 33-year-old sexually assaulted toddler in front of his kids: Delhi cops
- Abandoned baby dies: Address of woman found fake during investigation
- ‘Rape victim’ tries to set herself on fire outside DGP office
- Rape in hospital ICU: Accused identified, arrest in 24 hours, say police
The woman had urged a nurse to call her husband and then informed him of the incident. Bahadurgarh City police station SHO Randhir Singh said the woman’s husband lodged a complaint on the basis of which a case of rape has been registered against an unidentified man. “The accused’s face is clearly visible in the CCTV footage. We are getting the footage from other places in Bahadurgarh as well to trace his movement. His pictures will be circulated,” he said.
An official from the hospital said they are looking into the lapses in security that allowed someone to enter the ICU. “There are eight beds. Beds on either side of the alleged victim are occupied but no one heard any noise,” he added.