A 22-year-old woman was allegedly raped in a private hospital at Bahadurgarh in Haryana’s Jhajjar district, in the early hours of Saturday. The victim had delivered a baby recently and had been admitted in the ICU when the alleged incident took place.
The accused was caught on CCTV cameras installed at the hospital but managed to escape after he realised the presence of the cameras. Police are conducting raids in Bahadurgarh and the neighbouring areas to nab him.
The victim, who had delivered a baby through surgical incision (C-section), was admitted in the ICU at the private hospital in Jhajjar. The CCTV footage shows a man getting down from a Verna car outside the hospital, at around 3.30 am, and going straight to the ICU. He is also seen leaving the hospital.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Rape in hospital ICU: Accused identified, arrest in 24 hours, say police
- Jhajjar: 2 students dead, 43 hurt in mishap
- HC upholds life term for doc who raped patient
- Woman raped by husband,kin in a moving car
- Doctor accused of raping ICU patient arrested
- Newborn kidnapped from Civil Hospitals gynaecology ward
The woman had urged a nurse to call her husband and then informed him of the incident. Bahadurgarh City police station SHO Randhir Singh said the woman’s husband lodged a complaint on the basis of which a case of rape has been registered against an unidentified man. “The accused’s face is clearly visible in the CCTV footage. We are getting the footage from other places in Bahadurgarh as well to trace his movement. His pictures will be circulated,” he said.
An official from the hospital said they are looking into the lapses in security that allowed someone to enter the ICU. “There are eight beds. Beds on either side of the alleged victim are occupied but no one heard any noise,” he added.