Teni Yadav, named in the FIR in Aditya Sachdeva murder case, on Monday surrendered before a court here and has been remanded in judicial custody.
It is the fourth arrest in the case after main accused Rakesh Ranjan Yadav alias Rocky, his father Bindi Yadav and bodyguard Rajesh Kumar.
Teni, who is a cousin of Rocky, surrendered before Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate-IV Om Sagar who remanded him to 14 days judicial custody.
- Bihar road rage case: Rocky Yadav, two others sentenced to life imprisonment; father Bindi Yadav gets five-year for harbouring accused
- Aditya Sachdeva murder case, explained
- Aditya Sachdeva murder case: Rocky Yadav sentenced to life imprisonment, father Bindi Yadav gets five-year jail
- What is Aditya Sachdeva murder case?
- Charge sheet filed against Rocky Yadav in Aditya Sachdeva murder case
- Bihar youth murder: JD(U) MLC’s husband, bodyguard sent to 14-day judicial custody
Teni was allegedly travelling in the SUV with Rocky and bodyguard Rajesh Kumar, when Aditya was shot dead near police lines under Rampur police station area after Rocky’s vehicle was overtaken by the car in which Aditya and his friends were sitting.
Meanwhile, a local court today sought the case diary in connection with the anticipatory bail plea of fugitive JD(U) MLC Manorama Devi, who is Rocky’s mother.
The JD(U) MLC has been evading arrest in a case of recovery of liquor bottles from her house in Anugrah Puri Colony on May 11 during a police raid.
She has also been charged with employing a child as domestic help, as well as harbouring Rocky, who alegedly shot dead Sachdeva, for days before he was arrested from his father Bindeshwari Prasad Yadav alias Bindi Yadav’s mixer plant in Gaya district on May 10.
District and Sessions judge Sajal Mandilwar, who heard the anticipatory bail plea of Manorama Devi, called for the case diary and proceedings of the lower court, before posting the matter for hearing on May 19.
The legislator had filed the anticipatory bail petition in the court of (in-charge) District Judge S N Singh and the matter had been posted for today.