Assam Chief Minister and veteran Congress leader Tarun Gogoi has described Prime Minister Narendra Modi as an “actor” good at attracting people’s attention, but “lacking” in basic knowledge about the state.
“The PM is a good actor. I salute him for that. But he can only talk big. When it comes to work, there is no link between his words and deeds,” Gogoi said, reacting to the PM’s statements in the rallies he addressed at Kokrajhar and Guwahati Tuesday.
“His lack of knowledge about Assam became evident even to a child who listened to what he said on Tuesday. He spoke of connecting Assam with broad gauge railway. Assam is already connected by broad gauge. It is now a question of double track and electric engines,” Gogoi said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He also ridiculed the PM for saying Assam lacked power, despite having adequate water resources. “The PM does not know how power is produced from water. He does not know that most Assam rivers cannot be used for power generation,” Gogoi said.
The Assam CM also described Modi’s rallies in Assam as “poor show” and blamed the state BJP leaders for “glaring mistakes” in his speech. “It is clear from his speech that state BJP leaders did not brief him properly. They only gave him a stanza from a famous poem by Ambikagiri Ray Choudhury,” Gogoi said.
“The BJP workers and supporters in Assam must be frustrated after the PM’s poor show. They gathered thousands of people… They were waiting for the PM to make some announcements for the state. But, they got nothing,” Gogoi said.