Assam Chief Minister and veteran Congress leader Tarun Gogoi has described Prime Minister Narendra Modi as an “actor” good at attracting people’s attention, but “lacking” in basic knowledge about the state.
“The PM is a good actor. I salute him for that. But he can only talk big. When it comes to work, there is no link between his words and deeds,” Gogoi said, reacting to the PM’s statements in the rallies he addressed at Kokrajhar and Guwahati Tuesday.
“His lack of knowledge about Assam became evident even to a child who listened to what he said on Tuesday. He spoke of connecting Assam with broad gauge railway. Assam is already connected by broad gauge. It is now a question of double track and electric engines,” Gogoi said.
He also ridiculed the PM for saying Assam lacked power, despite having adequate water resources. “The PM does not know how power is produced from water. He does not know that most Assam rivers cannot be used for power generation,” Gogoi said.
The Assam CM also described Modi’s rallies in Assam as “poor show” and blamed the state BJP leaders for “glaring mistakes” in his speech. “It is clear from his speech that state BJP leaders did not brief him properly. They only gave him a stanza from a famous poem by Ambikagiri Ray Choudhury,” Gogoi said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The BJP workers and supporters in Assam must be frustrated after the PM’s poor show. They gathered thousands of people… They were waiting for the PM to make some announcements for the state. But, they got nothing,” Gogoi said.