Acharya Pramod Krishnam on Friday demanded the arrest of Islamic preacher Zakir Naik who is accused of “inspiring” the Dhaka cafe attackers.
Mumbai-based Naik has come under the scanner after it was reported that his speeches have inspired some of the attackers of Dhaka cafe in which 20 hostages lost their lives.
- Chennai: Muslim outfits rally behind Zakir Naik, hold protest
- Zakir Naik a messenger of peace. BJP relating Islam to terrorism: Digvijaya Singh
- Shiv Sena seeks arrest of preacher Zakir Naik
- Abu Azmi for Sanatan ban, says Zakir Naik defamed for propagating Islam
- Dar-ul-Uloom objects to media citing its fatwas against Zakir Naik
- To mute Peace TV, govt to get lesson from abroad
“Zakir Naik should be arrested in a case of treason. Nobody should be permitted to spit venom against any religion,” said Krishnam at a press conference.
Maharashtra government had on Thursday ordered a probe into the speeches by the Muslim televangelist even as the central government is probing funding of NGO run by Naik.
Krishnam, who headed the five-member panel of saints constituted by the state government to look into the alleged Kairana exodus, demanded early action against the errant persons in the case.
The panel had denied reports that Hindus were migrating due to threats from Muslims and pointed towards a “dangerous conspiracy” to disturb the communal atmosphere of the state.