The Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) Monday questioned Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for around two hours in connection with the alleged Rs 400-crore water tanker scam.
Later, Mishra said a DCP, two ACPs and three inspector-rank officers quizzed him, but did not ask even a single question about former chief minister Sheila Dikshit’s “involvement”. He added, “This scam was done during Sheila Dikshit’s tenure. I set up an inquiry and exposed it, but interestingly, ACB is interrogating me rather than interrogating and investigating her.”
- Water tanker scam: Kapil Mishra to appear before ACB for questioning tomorrow
- Arvind Kejriwal aide questioned by ACB as Kapil Mishra continues tirade
- Delhi water tanker scam: ACB to record Kapil Mishra's detailed statement
- Delhi Jal Board water tanker scam: ACB wants to go after Arvind Kejriwal, claims Kapil Mishra
- DJB water tanker ‘scam’: ACB team questions Sheila Dikshit
- Kapil Mishra, Vijender Gupta spar over water tanker scam
Mishra claimed when he asked the officers if any of them had read the report on the basis of which the FIR in the matter was registered, all of them except one replied they hadn’t.
“The entire focus of the inquiry was an attempt to frame me or Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. It seems like the ACB is all set to give a clean chit to former CM Dikshit after having received clear instructions from the establishment to save her and frame Kejriwal,” alleged Mishra.
Despite several attempts, ACB chief M K Meena could not be reached for comment.
In a statement, Mishra said, “… I had constituted a committee to look into the Water Tanker Distribution Management System. The committee submitted its report, which indicates that the then functionaries and members of Delhi Jal Board including its then chairperson, Sheila Dikshit, had indulged in grave irregularities… On August 28, 2015, I wrote a letter to the Chief Minister… In my letter, I had expressed fears that I would be victimised because I was pursuing this case. The CM reassured me that he will stand like a rock behind me…”