Union Minister Jitendra Singh hit out at Aam Aadmi Party over the arrest of its MLA Dinesh Mohaniya and said if the party has nothing to hide, they should cooperate in the probe so that they can vindicate themselves.
“I would say that the law of land should take its course. If somebody claims he or she has nothing to hide, I think it is they who should come forward and cooperate in a probe so that they can vindicate themselves,” Dr Singh told reporters.
- CM Amarinder Singh’s Guardians of Governance project draws fire from all sides
- AAP adding fuel to SSC fire: Manoj Tiwari
- SSC paper leak: On 5th day of protest, parties offer support, JLN station shut
- AAP-Chief Secy Standoff: Split wide open
- Chief Secretary ‘assault’ case: Delhi govt officers delegation meets Jitendra Singh
- Disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs: Death sentence without trial, claims party; What has happened so far
Singh was replying to a question about the arrest of AAP MLA and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal’s remark that it is equal to Emergency.
Singh said, “I think those who who tend to draw a parallel have not actually studied the history of Emergency or gone through its peril. Those who have lived those 21 months will never dare to make a comparison.”