Union Minister Jitendra Singh hit out at Aam Aadmi Party over the arrest of its MLA Dinesh Mohaniya and said if the party has nothing to hide, they should cooperate in the probe so that they can vindicate themselves.
“I would say that the law of land should take its course. If somebody claims he or she has nothing to hide, I think it is they who should come forward and cooperate in a probe so that they can vindicate themselves,” Dr Singh told reporters.
- Majithia in court: AAP conspired to defame me as ‘druglord’
- Law doesn't prevent authorities from arresting stone-pelters again: Jitendra Singh
- AAP, Lok Insaaf Party MLAs stage protest, demand royalty for Punjab’s waters
- Union minister Jitendra Singh criticises Chidambaram's remarks on Kashmir
- Jitendra Singh on J&K: Centre has institutionalised talks process by appointing interlocutor
- J&K is passing through last phase of militancy: Jitendra Singh
Singh was replying to a question about the arrest of AAP MLA and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal’s remark that it is equal to Emergency.
Singh said, “I think those who who tend to draw a parallel have not actually studied the history of Emergency or gone through its peril. Those who have lived those 21 months will never dare to make a comparison.”