Tihar jail authorities on Monday told a special court that sacked Delhi minister Sandeep Kumar, who was arrested on rape charges, was being provided with separate armed guard (SAG) as he apprehended threat to his life. The jail authorities made the submission before Special Judge Poonam Chaudhry in response to Kumar’s application that he be provided with special separate van or SAG for attending the court proceedings on the given dates.
Watch what else is making news
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Meanwhile, for the first time, Kumar was produced before the court through video conferencing as his judicial custody was extended till October 28.
The court had on October 4 allowed Kumar’s plea moved through advocate Pradeep Rana that he be produced in court via video conferencing from jail for the time being following his apprehension of threat to life from his political opponents and other miscreants during transportation.
The court had said the AAP MLA be produced before the court through video conferencing till the filing of charge sheet in the case, as the police had not objected to it.
The police had earlier said the remand proceedings could be done through video conferencing as significant force was being deployed to produce the AAP MLA before the court.
Kumar was arrested on September 3 after a woman lodged a complaint at the Sultanpuri police station in North Delhi alleging sexual harassment by the former Social Welfare and Women and Child Development minister, following which a case was filed. The woman had allegedly figured in an objectionable video with him.
The MLA from Sultanpur Majra was removed from AAP government and the party on August 31 after the CD surfaced. He had defended himself saying he had been targeted.