NDMC vice-chairman Karan Singh Tanwar on Tuesday accused the AAP government of making “false promises” to slain NDMC officer M M Khan’s family and alleged that they have not given the compensation of Rs 1 crore announced by them.
Tanwar, a former BJP MLA said irrespective of the Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung sanctioning one crore for the kin of M M Khan almost one and a half months back, the money has not been given to them.
“BJP government has already given a sum of Rs 25 lakh along with a Type III quarter in Lutyen’s Zone on a monthly rental of Rs 500 and a job to his wife as Assistant Social Education Officer equivalent to the same status and grade pay as that of Khan.
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal hails ‘extremely brave’ M M Khan, ‘martyr’ Tanzeel Ahmed
- Delhi govt extends Rs 1 crore solatium to families of slain MM Khan, Tanzil Ahmed
- MLA Mohania’s arrest to divert attention from MM Khan murder issue: AAP
- Murder of NDMC officer: Letter issued without knowledge of the tragic death
- L-G Jung hits back at AAP for questioning his role in NDMC official M M Khan case
- Day after NDMC officer was killed, office of L-G sought action on complaint against him
“NDMC employees have also given a days salary amounting to Rs 35 lakh to his family,” he said.
M M Khan was shot dead in Jamia Nagar a day before he was scheduled to pass the final order on the lease terms of hotel ‘The Connaught’ which was functioning on a property of the NDMC (New Delhi Municipal Corporation), on May 16.
AAP has been demanding the arrest of East Delhi MP Maheish Girri and Tanwar, alleging the involvement of two BJP leaders in the case.
However, the Delhi Police has already given the two leaders a clean chit in the case.
Karan Singh Tanwar also said that he would be filing civil and criminal defamation cases against Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, AAP Delhi State Convener Dilip Pandey, AAP MLA’s Surinder Singh and Amanatullah Khan, for allegedly dragging his name into the issue.