The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday filed a criminal complaint against Union Sports Minister and BJP MP Vijay Goel for alleged tax evasion and corruption. AAP’s Delhi convenor Dilip Pandey filed the complaint with the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB), accusing Goel and his son Siddhant of “misusing power” to evade taxes.
Pandey alleged that the Mayor of the North Delhi Municipal Corporation of colluding with Vijay Goel to get exemption from conversion/parking charges of a building owned by Siddhant Goel. He accused Vijay Goel of covering up the illegality.
“Vijay Goel, deliberately in connivance with the officers, extended the illegal decision (of seeking exemption of conversion and parking charges for all notified heritage building) to other similarly placed properties.”
The municipal corporation was already in a deficit of about Rs. 2,700 crore, Pandey said.
“If the ACB doesn’t act on our complaint, we will explore other legal options,” the AAP leader said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016