The Election Commission is likely to hold personal hearings on July 14 for 21 AAP MLAs appointed Parliamentary Secretaries. The AAP government has attracted criticism from the opposition over the appointments amid charges of the legislators holding two offices of profit.
The AAP MLAs, while maintaining they did not receive any “additional pecuniary benefit” for holding the post of Parliamentary Secretaries, had urged the EC to hold a personal hearing after they were served a notice by the poll body.
- Office of profit case: Election Commission to hold hearing for 20 AAP MLAs today
- Office of profit case: EC to hold fresh hearing for 20 AAP MLAs on May 17
- Office-of-profit: Election Commission to resume hearing in AAP MLAs’ case
- Office of profit case: President acts on EC’s opinion, orders disqualification of 20 AAP Delhi MLAs
- What is AAP office of profit case?
- Office of Profit case: EC to hear case against AAP MLAs on July 14
According to the party, however, the posts were not for profit.