On a day BJP president Amit Shah accused Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal of politicising the Army and toeing Pakistan’s line, the AAP said Shah was nobody to give “patriotism certificates” to anyone and was not the thekedar of the Indian Army.
“The Army is ours. It is people like us who make the Army. Our brothers and sisters from small villages make up the army. Amit Shah is not the thekedar of the army,” said Deputy CM Manish Sisodia. His remarks came shortly after Shah’s press conference Friday. He added, “Is Amit Shah going to issue patriotism certificates now? The whole country knows about his criminal past.”
Later in the day, the AAP lodged a complaint against Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and BJP spokesperson GVL Narsimharao for allegedly defaming and politicising Indian Army in their statements on armed forces.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
According to the complaint, lodged by senior party leader Dilip Pandey at IP Estate police station, Parrikar and Narsimharao have “disrespected” the image of the Indian Army for political gain by comparing it with the powers of Lord Hanuman.