Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on released a list of seven more candidates for the upcoming Assembly polls in Goa, taking to 11 the number of its nominees to the 40-member House so far.
The formal announcement was made after AAP’s Parliamentary Affairs Committee in Delhi cleared the list.
53-year-old Devendra Prabhu Parsekar Desai, a former MGP leader and teacher has been fielded from North Goa’s Mandrem constituency which is represented by Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar and considered a BJP bastion for sometime now.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Desai had left MGP to join AAP recently and is also associated with the People for Mopa movement supporting the construction of international airport in Pernem taluka.
With the release of the current list, AAP has till now announced a total of 11 candidates for the 40 seats in Goa Assembly. AAP is contesting all the seats. It had announced the first list of four candidates last month.
Former Congress MLA Giovanni Karl Vaz will contest from Mormugao constituency, which is currently represented by the BJP. Vaz was a Congress legislator between 2002-2007 before losing the assembly elections. His father was also a MLA from Mormugao constituency.
AAP also announced the candidature of Olencio John Simoes, a fishermen leader and teacher by profession, in Cortalim constituency.
Simoes, who is on the forefront of several social movements, is the joint secretary of Goenchya Ramponkarancho Ekvot, an organisation of traditional fishermen. He is also general secretary of All Goa Fishermen Union.
Cortalim constituency is currently represented by BJP’s minister Alina Saldanha, who had got elected in the bypoll after demise of her husband Mathany Saldanha.
In Benaulim constituency currently represented by Goa Vikas Party, AAP has fielded Royla Clarina Fernandes, who is an architect by profession and is former member of Youth Congress. She is the only woman candidate announced by AAP till date.
Former BJP Yuva Morcha leader Sitaram Gauns will be contesting on the AAP ticket in Poriem constituency, which is a bastion of Congress leader and former chief minister Pratapsinh Rane.
AAP has fielded Prithvi Amonkar in Siolim constituency currently represented by BJP’s minister Dayanand Mandrekar. Amonkar is a doctor of alternative medicine.
In Marcaim constituency, currently represented by MGP leader and Transport minister Sudin Dhavalikar, AAP has fielded Surel Tilva, a lawyer by profession.