The AAP Tuesday alleged that “parking mafia” in BJP controlled MCDs are over-charging vehicle owners in the city. The party alleged that the parking mafia charges much more than what is prescribed under the guidelines. For instance, the party claimed, for the first ten hours, two wheelers are being charged Rs 7 instead of Rs 5 and four wheelers Rs 20 instead of Rs 10.
Nitin Tyagi, AAP’s Laxmi Nagar MLA said that several roads in Delhi are being occupied by the parking mafia, and “the BJP and the Congress controlling the MCD are also involved in the loot.”
“The parking mafia have exceeded the limit of the area allocated to them to mint more money from people,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Tyagi said the parking mafia charges Rs 2500 to Rs 3000 per month as monthly fees when the charges for the same is Rs 500-1000.
AAP spokesperson Richa Pandey Mishra said at a time when the CAG has slammed the functioning of the MCDs for alleged irregularities, the civic body is forcibly charging more money from people.