AAP leader Bhagwant Singh Mann on June 23 claimed his party will win an absolute majority in the Punjab Assembly polls due next year and Himachal Pradesh would be its next target.
“AAP would get two-third majority in Punjab and Himachal would be its next target. The party would repeat Delhi in Punjab and its main poll plank would be corruption, drug addiction, unemployment and brain drain,” Mann, who was in Shimla as member of JPC on office of profit, said.
He said the younger generation of Punjab is addicted to drugs and the youth of the state are becoming physically unfit for recruitment in armed forces.
- Autonomy for Punjab unit was sought from Arvind Kejriwal, says AAP MLA Kanwar Sandhu
- Crisis in AAP after Kejriwal says sorry, Punjab chief resigns
- Kejriwal apology to Majithia LIVE UPDATES: Lok Insaf party breaks alliance, revolt brewing in AAP Punjab unit
- Four corporations, one seat: AAP struggles in urban Punjab
- AAP boycotts President Kovind’s address to protest against sealing drive, mla disqualification
- Punjab: AAP appoints Manish Sisodia as ‘Prabhari’
“The twin problem of brain drain and unemployment has become a bane for Punjab and the situation is so grim that the youth is taking the risk of going to war-torn Iraq for jobs,” he added.