AAP leader Bhagwant Singh Mann on June 23 claimed his party will win an absolute majority in the Punjab Assembly polls due next year and Himachal Pradesh would be its next target.
“AAP would get two-third majority in Punjab and Himachal would be its next target. The party would repeat Delhi in Punjab and its main poll plank would be corruption, drug addiction, unemployment and brain drain,” Mann, who was in Shimla as member of JPC on office of profit, said.
He said the younger generation of Punjab is addicted to drugs and the youth of the state are becoming physically unfit for recruitment in armed forces.
- Punjab: List of candidates for December 17 civic polls in a day or two: AAP
- Why summons to Punjab leader Sukhpal Singh Khaira has AAP on backfoot
- After Kharar MLA, AAP state chief defends accused UK national
- Is AAP losing grip on Punjab as drug charges take their toll?
- AAP leaders to meet workers across Punjab
- After Gurdaspur bypoll debacle, AAP says it will introspect
“The twin problem of brain drain and unemployment has become a bane for Punjab and the situation is so grim that the youth is taking the risk of going to war-torn Iraq for jobs,” he added.