Hundreds of Aam Aadmi Party supporters protested outside Lt. Governor Najeeb Jung’s official residence in New Delhi on Sunday to oppose his decision to cancel the Delhi government’s order increasing circle rates of agricultural land. The protestors, owing allegiance to the AAP rural wing and including farmers, condemned Jung’s action to quash the Arvind Kejriwal government’s decision on the issue and said the hike in circle rates of agricultural land would have benefited them.
The Delhi government last year increased the circle rates of agricultural land in Delhi. However, the Lt. Governor asked the government to withdraw the notification since his approval was not taken. Rajeev Sinsinwala, AAP’s rural wing leader in Delhi, accused Jung of favouring builders rather than farmers.
“The Lt. Governor’s decision to cancel the order on circle rates comes out of his concern for big builders. He has done injustice to the farmers.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“He (Jung) has cancelled almost all government orders meant to benefit the common man,” he said in a statement here.
Sinsinwala said the order on the circle rates would have helped farmers get increased compensation for their agricultural land, from Rs 1 crore to Rs 3.5 crore. Earlier on Sunday, Chief Minister Kejriwal said Jung had declared a virtual war on the people of Delhi.
“It has become L-G vs farmers, L-G vs advocates, L-G vs women and L-G vs Delhiites,” Kejriwal tweeted.
He made the comment after appealing to Jung not to cancel the decisions taken by his government with public welfare in mind after it came to power in February 2015. The Delhi High Court ruled on August 4 that the Lt. Governor is the supreme administrative authority in Delhi. Ever since, Jung has gone about spiking many decisions taken by the Kejriwal government in the past almost 20 months.