Aamir Khan’s full statement

Updated: November 26, 2015 12:47 pm
aamir khan, aamir khan statement, aamir khan intolerance, aamir khan intolerance remark, aamir khan RNG awards, kiran rao, aamir kiran, aamir khan latest news To all the people shouting obscenities at me for speaking my heart out, it saddens me to say you are only proving my point, Aamir Khan said.

First let me state categorically that neither I, nor my wife Kiran, have any intention of leaving the country. We never did, and nor would we like to in the future. Anyone implying the opposite has either not seen my interview or is deliberately trying to distort what I have said. India is my country, I love it, I feel fortunate for being born here, and this is where I am staying.

Secondly, I stand by everything that I have said in my interview.

Click here to read full text of Aamir’s statement in Hindi

To all those people who are calling me anti-national, I would like to say that I am proud to be Indian, and I do not need anyone’s permission nor endorsement for that.

WATCH VIDEO: Aamir Khan On Intolerance & Delinking Terrorism From Religion

To all the people shouting obscenities at me for speaking my heart out, it saddens me to say you are only proving my point.

ALSO READ: Full Text of Aamir’s conversation at RNG Award

To all the people who have stood by me, thank you. We have to protect what this beautiful and unique country of ours really stands for.

We have to protect its integrity, diversity, inclusiveness, its many languages, its culture, its history, its tolerance, its concept of ekantavada, its love, sensitivity and its emotional strength.

I would like to end my statement with a poem by Rabindranath Tagore, it’s a prayer really :

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high,
Where knowledge is free,
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments,
by narrow domestic walls,
Where words come out from the depth of truth,
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection,
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way,
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit,
Where the mind is led forward by thee,
Into ever-widening thought and action,
Into that heaven of freedom, my father, let my country awake.

Jai Hind,

Aamir Khan

mohammad bIlal
    Feb 14, 2016 at 11:56 am
    I agree Aamir what you said.Every citizen has a right to speak. I support u and ur thoughts.
    (0)(0)
      mohammad bIlal
      Feb 14, 2016 at 11:44 am
      it becomes difficult to have different opinion from BJP and RSS otherwise they will put behind the bar without knowing facts .. the student is arrested told that he was not the one who made those slogans ..still he is charged with wrong charges ..
      (0)(0)
        Aparna Tulpule
        Nov 25, 2015 at 12:11 pm
        Why are we being literal to the point of stupidity? It is clear that Aamir Khan cited Kiran Rao's question as a measure of an Indian's fear and anxiety, not as an actual plan to leave the country. Is it misinterpreted in the hurry to say one's say on social media or to reduce everyone to the few, or just two, categories one defines: pro-BJP or anti-Indian?
        (0)(0)
        1. C
          Chandra
          Nov 26, 2015 at 1:43 am
          Minuscule in dreams .. Read what is happening around and blabber..Even his hard core fans has taken cudgels against him.. ! We do not want him as b ambador , that too any of the Khans .. phew !
          (0)(0)
            Abhilasha David
            Nov 27, 2015 at 7:30 am
            Hi Aamir !! I'm not ur big fan ! Bt still I agree with ur statement wat u said!!! It's not that Mr. Aamir Khan has said it and so many people came up to protest against him asking him to leave his own country and abusing him etc etc. I just want to ask those people why they don't show this anger when a woman, a girl is brutely raped or a child is exploited in our country???? Why so much of delay for a judgement for an evil deed which cannot be forgiven even by God!!! It's not about a few cases in our country..... it's countless guys...countless.... Aamir also is a father , a husband and his wife being a woman is worried about her own safety and her child's safety is obvious. Being a por figure and a responsible citizen Aamir has just shared his fear with his people. He came to know when his wife told him about herself feeling scared staying in her own country due to the endless evil incidents going around. Pls guys try and understand the actual point not what Mr Aamir Khan said.. We need to unite and fight together to put a stop to wrongs spread in our country.
            (0)(0)
              amit
              Nov 26, 2015 at 12:15 pm
              I love aamir khan...l I know u are realy a good man ..l l know u not want to leave his country.. it is a part of dirty politics ....l.
              (0)(0)
                anon
                Nov 25, 2015 at 6:33 pm
                It's really funny to see people staying outside India asking AK to leave the country.
                (0)(0)
                  Arun
                  Dec 3, 2015 at 4:48 pm
                  'Pray outside, British school tells Muslim students'----This was a news article today. What has Aamir to say for this. Britain is a very tolerant country right......
                  (0)(0)