The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a drive to enrol any leftover population for Aadhaar in 22 states and UTs that have “statistically” hit 100 per cent coverage for adults. The ‘Challenge drive’ starts from October 15 for a month, a UIDAI statement said, adding that as of Friday, over 106.69 crore Aadhaar numbers have been generated across the country. The latest drive is aimed at targeting the floating population, leftover residents and the infirm in these states and UTs, including Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, Delhi, and Punjab that are statistically reflecting a full adult population coverage of Aadhaar.
The idea is to ensure no person is left out in the enrolment. “This is in furtherance of our enrolment exercise to achieve universal coverage for Aadhaar across the country,” UIDAI CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey said. As part of the Challenge drive, the residents of these states/UTs who have not yet enrolled for the 12-digit resident identification number are being asked to register themselves at http://www.wenrol.uidai.gov.in, the statement said.
It said those keen to register themselves will have to provide a mobile number as well as other demographic details. “The person will be then contacted and enrolled on a priority basis through special camps or at enrolment stations located near him/her,” it added.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions