At least 96 children fell ill after eating mid day meal in a school in a Government school in Jharkhand’s Jamua on Monday. According to sources, a lizard had fallen into the food during the preparation, leaving it contaminated.
The children began complaining of stomach ache soon after they consumed the contaminated food. Children were taken to a hospital in Jamua for check-up.
- Delhi: A year after proposal, Rs 55-cr mid-day meal for senior girls yet to be implemented, says RTI
- Thiruvananthapuram: 120 school children admitted to hospital due to food poisoning
- Day after 37 children take ill in school: Parents ask students to stay away from mid-day meal
- Mid-day meal food poisoning: Of 37, seven students remain hospitalised
- HC asks Govt to pay Rs 4lakh to students on midday meal fiasco
- 32 students fall sick after eating mid-day meal
Last month, at least two children died and 15 others were hospitalised after consuming milk as a part of mid-day meal at a school under Thana Refinery in Uttar Pradesh’s Mathura.
In February, 50 students fell ill after eating mid day meal in a school in Maharashtra’s Palghar District.