The CID on Monday arrested eight more persons in connection with the alleged theft and arson at the Jessop factory in Dum Dum, where a fire broke out last week. The arrested persons are Bishal Jaiswal alias Nicky (27) of Maniktala area of Kolkata, Sumit Jaiswal alias Bicky (27) of Baguihati in northern fringes, Samir Das (20) and Babi Mallick (28) from North 24 district’s Ghola, Rubel Khan (19) from Madhyamgram in North 24 Parganas while Nur Islam (19), Sanjib Sheikh (19) and Mithu Sheikh (24) all from the Airport Police Station area.
They were arrested for their alleged links to the theft and arson at the factory, a senior officer of the CID said. A mini truck and three hexode blades were seized from them. Five persons were arrested last week for their links to the incident.
“Names of all these eight persons surfaced after questioning the five accused we had arrested earlier in connection with the case,” the official said.
A Special Investigating Team (SIT) was formed by the CID to probe the theft at the factory. A fire had broke out in the painting department of the vacant factory premises last Monday evening, the third such incident in two weeks. Former workers of the factory alleged that the fire was part of a “conspiracy by a third party” following which, the West Bengal government ordered a CID probe into the mishap.
Incidentally, the state has also registered a complaint against Jessop owner Pawan Ruia at Dum Dum police station.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More