With more than 977 companies and 46 countries registering for the upcoming Defence Expo scheduled in Goa, the Defence Ministry has said the event is steering the path of steady growth.
“Defexpo India 2016, the ninth in the series of biennial Land, Naval and Internal Homeland Security Systems Exhibition, will be held at Naqueri Quitol in Quepem taluka of South Goa from March 28-31, 2016,” the Ministry said on its website designed for this internationally famed event.
“Defexpo India is clearly steering the path of steady growth and has been receiving overwhelming and unprecedented international response with each edition,” it said.
This is for the first time that the Expo will travel to Goa from Delhi.
- Ministry may ink MoUs for next DefExpo in Goa to curb overpricing: Manohar Parrikar
- Why DefExpo 2016 remained a low-key affair
- Goa CM Parsekar invites defence manufacturing firms to set up units in state
- Defexpo 2016 in Goa: Reliance ADA Chairman Anil Ambani to deliver special address
- Defence Expo: Goa church wing slams notices issued to agitators
- Defence Expo 2016: Make in India companies to dominate the event
According to the Ministry, till date 977 companies and 46 countries have registered for participating in the Expo. For this edition, countries like USA, Russia, Sweden, Republic of Korea, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates and Portugal amongst others have confirmed their participation.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The eighth edition of Defexpo India held in February 2014 recorded an unprecedented growth in foreign as well as domestic companies participation over its previous editions,” the Ministry said.
“An impressive 232 foreign companies from 32 countries participated in the show in 2014 along with 15 country pavilions with a growth of 12.64 per cent in terms of space booking,” it said.
This year, on the first day, March 28, hosts of seminars including that on “State of Art Technology in Shipbuilding Initiative and Requirements of Indian Defence Shipyards” would be held. There will also be a session on “International Cooperation in Futuristic Maritime Research and development” and “Advanced Technologies in Submarine Construction.”
On next day, March 29, the Industrial body Associated Chamber of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham) will hold day-long Global Investors’ Summit on Defence sector.
Similarly, there will also be a seminar on private sector participation in Defence development programme which will be chaired by Smita Nagraj, Director General (Acquisitions), Union Ministry of Defence.
The event will also host a discussion on “Defence collaboration and joint ventures with global partners” to be chaired by K Nagaraj Naidu, Director, Investment and Technology Promotion Division of Union Defence Ministry.
The Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) has also planned a seminar on “Defence Off set: Challenges and Opportunities” during the event.
Another industrial body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) will host “India Korea Defence Cooperation Seminar and business meet” and also discussion on modernization programme of Indian Army.