In a major reshuffle of IPS officers, the Gujarat government on Wednesday appointed Rajkumar Pandian and Abhay Chudasama — both discharged by the special CBI court in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case — as inspector general (Junagadh range) and deputy inspector general (Panchmahal), respectively.
While Pandian was on deputation with the Industries and Mines Department as liaison officer, GIDC, Mumbai, Chudasama was posted as MD, Gujarat Police Housing Corporation. Pandian was discharged from the encounter case in August this year, while Chudasama got relief from the CBI court in Mumbai in April last year.
Vijay Rupani-led government also changed police commissioners (CP) of three major cities — Ahmedabad, Vadodara and Surat. ADGP A K Singh, currently posted in the technical services department, will be the new Ahmedabad CP, replacing Shivananad Jha who returns to IB as ADGP after a three-year stint in Ahmedabad.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Gandinagar range IG Manoj Shashidhar will be the new Vadodara CP, replacing E Radhakrishnan, who has been named ADGP security, Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Limited , Vadodara.
Surat CP Ashish Bhatia has been transferred to the post of ADGP CID (crime) and railways, Gandhinagar. Satish Sharma, who is currently posted as ADGP security at GUVNL, Vadodara, has been appointed in Bhatia’s place.
Pramod Kumar, DGP CID (crime) and railway, has been named DGP (armed unit). He has also been relieved from the additional charge of IB.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Sector-1), Ahmedabad, Rajiv Ranjan Bhagat has also been transferred to CID (IB) and replaced by IGP Piyush Patel.