Nearly 2,000 pregnant women set a record by performing yoga in Rajkot as lakhs of people took part in the second International Yoga Day celebrations on Tuesday held at around 40,000 venues across Gujarat.
Chief Minister Anandiben Patel along with Governor O P Kohli and many other religious and spiritual leaders were present at state-level celebration held at GMDC ground in Ahmedabad.
“Nearly 1.25 crore people participated in this second edition of International Day of Yoga, celebrated at 40,000 different places across Gujarat. In Rajkot, 2,000 pregnant women set a world record by performing yoga while 8,000 children on this ground set a world record by making a human chain,” Patel told media after the event.
- International Yoga Day 2017: Lakhs stretch and twist, PM Modi extols yoga connect; all that has happened today
- Amit Shah shed body weight, gained political weight: Ramdev on International Yoga Day
- International Yoga Day 2017: Nearly 3 lakh perform yoga at one place, set world record
- International Yoga Day: In Rajkot, a world record bid
- Video: 1,632 pregnant women perform yoga and set Guinness world record in Gujarat
- Yoga Day: State bends, stretches and twists
The CM practised ‘asanas’ for almost 40 minutes along with more than 30,000 participants, including IPS and IAS officers, MLAs, corporators and BJP leaders, who gathered at the ground Tuesday morning.
Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court R Subhash Reddy and Justice K S Jhaveri also practised yoga with other dignitaries. Ministers and local MLAs and MPs took part in the celebrations in their respective regions.
Union Health Minister J P Nadda participated in a yoga session held at Nikol area on Tuesday morning.
In his recorded message, played before the mass demonstration of ‘Common Yoga Protocol’, Prime Minister Narendra Modi conveyed his best wishes to the participants. The PM also expressed happiness at the rising awareness about yoga and its benefits.
“I am glad that people are now seeing yoga as not just a tool to get better health, but as an important part of daily life to achieve complete wellness. I am confident that the whole world will join this yoga movement and move in the direction of achieving wellness,” Modi said in his recorded message.