128 officers of the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force passed out May 13 after completion of the Technical Staff Officers Course (TSOC) and Naval Technical Staff Course (NTSC) from the city-based Military Institute of Technology (MILIT).
Chief of Air Staff (CAS) Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha was the chief guest on the occasion. Air Marshal AS Bhonsle, Rear Admiral AS Sethi, Commandant MILIT and other senior officers from the three services were present on the occasion.
- Very high-level vigil needed to ensure security of airbases, says ACM BS Dhanoa
- IAF Marshal Arjan Singh: An epitome of military leadership in classical sense
- All you need to know about Indian Air Force Marshal Arjan Singh
- Arjan Singh, IAF Marshal, critically ill; PM Modi, Nirmala Sitharaman visit him in hospital
- Pune: Electronic Maintainance System to be launched at over 170 locations, says Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha
- SWAC AOC-in-C Air Marshal Gogoi reviews training facilities at MILIT
The Air Chief felicitated all the graduating officers. Earlier, he was shown the range of technical facilities of the institute. In his valedictory address, he stressed on a three-pronged approach towards ensuring operational preparedness of the Indian Armed Forces — imbibing and absorbing cutting edge, state-of-art technologies, human resource capability enhancement by effective use of these technologies and thirdly, leadership at all levels for nurturing the next generation of professionals. He concluded his address by congratulating all the trophy and medal winners.
TSOC courses are conducted for all arms of the Indian armed forces and to prepare mid-level officers for command and staff appointments, while NTSC officers would take up their first assignments in the Naval Armament Inspectorate stream.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
Major Santosh Kumar was awarded the Technical Staff Course rolling trophy for standing first in the overall order of merit in TSOC (Army). Wing Commander KN Tiwari was awarded the Chief of Air Staff’s Trophy for standing first in the overall order of merit in TSOC (AF). Commander Amit Kaushik, and Lt Antriksh PC Duggal were awarded Commandant’s Trophy for best all-round performance in the TSOC (Navy) and NTSC, respectively.