At least ten persons, including a child, were killed when a Telangana State Road Transport Corporation bus collided head-on with a truck in Ramannapet Mandal in Nalgonda district today evening.
The bus was going from Warangal to Nalgonda when the mishap occurred near a village where the highway narrows.
Survivors told police that the truck was over speeding and rammed into the right side of the bus. The driver and nine others sitting behind him were killed instantly. The truck driver fled from the spot. The right side of the bus was smashed completely due to the impact of the collision.
- West Bengal: 36 killed as bus falls into canal; ‘driver was talking on phone while driving’
- Jharkhand: 13 dead, including four children in road mishap
- MP school bus mishap: DPS official among three held
- Moga: Four dead, 17 injured in accident
- Moga: Bus rams into truck, four killed
- 10 Killed In Bus-Truck Collission In Andhra’s Nalgonda District
Nalgonda SP Vikram Duggal said that the driver and nine others died on the spot. “At least 15 injured have been admitted to hospitals at Bhongir and Ramannapet. Some of the injured are in critical condition,” the SP said.
Chief Minister K Chandrasekhara Rao who was in the Assembly informed the House about the mishap and said that the TSRTC would pay ex-gratia of Rs one lakh to the families of the deceased while the state government will make an announcement on ex-gratia on Thursday.