In fresh hint at joining politics, Rajinikanth tells fans to be ready for ‘war’

Written by Arun Janardhanan | Chennai | Updated: May 20, 2017 7:32 am
rajinikanth, rajinikanth politics, rajinikanth meets fans, rajinikanth fans, rajinikanth news, rajinikanth joins politics, rajinikanth on politics, rajinikanth movies, entertainment news, indian express, indian express news Super star Rajinikanth (PTI Photo)

MAINTAINING THAT the political system is “corrupt” and democracy is in a “rotten” state in Tamil Nadu, actor Rajinikanth on Friday dropped a fairly broad hint that he will join politics as he appealed fans to be ready for “war” at the right time.

Speaking on the fifth and last day of his programme to interact with fans from various districts, held at Raghvendra wedding hall here, Rajinikanth also asserted his Tamil identity, calling the people of Tamil Nadu “God”, who made him the star he is today.

Reacting to some statements that he is not Tamil — without mentioning the identity bit, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy today reportedly slammed his purported political plans, stating that the superstar has “no future in politics” — Rajinikanth said, “There were questions being raised on whether Rajinikanth is a Tamil. I am 66 now. I lived in Karnataka for 23 years and the remaining 43 years here (Tamil Nadu).”

He said, “You made me…gave me all this fame and wealth. You Gods (Tamil fans) made me a Thamizhan (Tamil). So I am a pacha Thamizhan (true-blooded Tamil). My father was born in Krishnagiri (Tamil Nadu)…”

On speculation about his joining politics, Rajinikanth said, “They ask me why I want to correct things when there are others (leaders). Yes, there are (other) leaders: (DMK’s M K) Stalin is there, my good friend (and) the best administrator. Cho (Ramaswamy, late political commentator) used to say Stalin will do the best if given a ‘free hand’ in politics, but that has not happened. (PMK’s) Anbumani Ramadoss is well-educated, has modern thoughts…. (Dalit party VCK leader Thol) Thirumavalavan is also admired a lot. Seeman (leader of Naam Tamilar Katchi) is a fighter. I was excited to listen to some of his views. There are others…”

But to change the “corrupt” system and “rotten” democracy in the state, “we all have to work together”, he said.

Drawing an analogy, Rajinikanth said, “In ancient times, people had their duties and jobs but when war came, they all came together to fight for their pride and values…. (So) you return home, take care of your responsibilities, but when the war comes…keep a watch…”

Stating that his party, VCK, would welcome any move by Rajinikanth to join politics, Thirumavalavan said, “His appeal to prepare for a ‘war’ indicates that his entry into politics may come true this time.”

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now

MARY
    May 22, 2017 at 5:42 am
    My name is Mrs. Mary Johnson I am 33 years old and I based in Canada. I want to notify the general public how I was helped by Illuminati temple in regaining back my business position after been sacked for about a year and six months. I have been in pains and trouble since when I was sacked from the company where I work called Canada Deposit Insurance corporation in Ottawa (headquarter) in Canada as an agency executive. I have been hopeless, financially down through out that year. But one day as I was browsing through the Internet I came across the post of Mr. Patrick an Illuminati agent saying you can be famous, rich and successful in life by been a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood, immediately I contacted him and I explained everything to him and he recommended me and he helped me by initiating me to the Great Illuminati Brotherhood and also he gave me all the guidelines and told me their place of worship. With the help of Mr. Patrick I was able to go to the temple and t
      davidmartial
      May 21, 2017 at 3:42 pm
      Hello viewers, it is unfortunate that our secret fraternity have become what most people now use as there aim of getting money, I would say sorry to those who have fal to the once who claim of being an agent of our secret fraternity called Illuminati, any Illuminati member who doesn't show you his or her iden y card is a fake and besides avoid those claiming a real agent on facebook there is no real agent on facebook due to the issue of fraudulent. The Illuminati is mainly from Egypt and Kenya, and note that our present head office is now in USA, it is no longer in UK again due to the fraudulent that are now existing there. there are only five agent which was recently send to Nigeria to establish the church of Lucifer over here. And the other thing is that we the real Illuminati are scarce and very hard to identify , you can only identify us with our email address and our head office cellphone number which is 14326142917 and our email ID which normally include "666"
        davidmartial
        May 21, 2017 at 3:42 pm
        ATTENTION TO ALL, AM DAVID MARTIAL BY NAME, SO SORRY THAT ILLUMINATI HAS BECOME WHAT PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT COUNTRY USE TO MAKE MONEY INSTEAD OF HELPING THE POOR THEY NOW TAKE FROM THE POOR BROTHERS AND SISTERS OUT THERE WHO ARE WIL TO JOIN THIS ORGANIZATION SHOULD BE AWARE OF WHO THEY CONTACT BEFORE SENDING YOUR INFORMATION TO ANY BODY YOU MUST HAVE TO BE CAREFUL BECAUSE WE ARE GETTING TOO MANY COMPLAIN FROM NEW MEMBERS, I KNOW HOW I SUFFERED BEFORE JOINING THIS ORGANIZATION. DON’T GIVE UP AM HERE TO HELP THE POOR,THE TALENTED,THE BUSINESS MEN AND WOMEN,TO REACH THEIR GOALS SO FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO JOIN CALL 2348124752454 OR WHATSAPP US ON SAME NUMBER 2348124752454 YOU CAN STILL SEND US MESSAGES ON THIS EMAIL MRUNITEPETERILLUMINATE666@GMAIL FOR CONFIRMATION CALL OUR HEAD OFFICE NUMBER 1(432)614-2917
          Rajeev Ganth
          May 20, 2017 at 7:49 pm
          The political contingency in TamilNadu is so frenzied and avaricious such that the ru dispensation is concerned only about sett scores related to their intra-party struggle and knee-bent on securing their ill acquired wealth.Neither is the primary opposition party-the DMK- stands that sacrosanct as we could see allegations of corruption(2G),sand-mining & TASMAC centered nepotism, raw abuse of political power while in power by family members thus damaging their prospects and credibility.While the likes of Seeman and Anbumani for alternative political strategy and discourse warrant some attention, they do not attract wider m appeal due to their racial/caste based iden y centered political pursuit. The National parties like INC,BJP, Communists etc have dismal presence in the State and they do not hold the trust of the people either. In this scenario, it is quite obvious for the general public to expect a credible political alternative that stands their informed scrutiny.
            Subspan Raman
            May 20, 2017 at 7:47 pm
            So his fan club is going to rule TN? His producers and distributors are going to become ministers? Get real. The idea that in India you can have a corrupt free party. That is like asking pigs to fly. Young men and women talk about democracy but will not give up their seats to an aged person. Sorry but we have a long way to go.
            1. G
              Graham
              May 20, 2017 at 5:50 pm
              Hello My name is Graham from the Illuminati Sanctuary. Are you a business man or woman, are you a pastor or politician or a lecturer,footballer, are you a student or graduate, what so ever you may be in all over the world dose not matter to us, what matter a lot to us is to see you happy and rich, we are giving you the chance here to be what so ever you want to be in life, join the ILLUMINATI secret brotherhood and get $25,000 Dollar new member gift and $10,000 Dollar for monthly ry and all other thing you need in life, we offer every thing you need in life,if you are really ready to make it in life and become rich and famous kindly EMAIL US AT: illuminatiworldsantuary@gmail
              1. J
                Janson
                May 20, 2017 at 4:03 pm
                cini actors who claim that they will change the world by joining politics are living in a fantasy world.
                  Shekhar
                  May 20, 2017 at 2:48 pm
                  is there anyone in TN politics who just talk about development, corruption free, discrimination free, inclusive government rather than the same rhetoric of the great civilization....super great tamil iden y...super super great amma...pappa of the downtroddens ...enough of this non sense...it has already taken away tamil nadu from regionalism to sub-nationalism...I don't expect and don't want Rajini Sir to apply the same formula..Sir, use what is right and NOT what is easy....
                    Parth Garg
                    May 20, 2017 at 1:56 pm
                    Rajnikant is heading towards his Waterloo. His movie will have a tragic end.
                      albert
                      May 20, 2017 at 2:26 pm
                      RSS Trolls and terrorists will be decimated in Tamil Nadu followed by States all over India. Long live democracy.
                      SAMAR
                      May 20, 2017 at 12:38 pm
                      rajnikanth has again taken the oft beaten path and is trying to invoke attraction of tamil people by harping upon tamil iden y and tamil brotherhood for garnering votes on inciting regionalism and casteism.
                        Kamalnathan
                        May 20, 2017 at 12:17 pm
                        IF WE THINK ALL POLITICIANS ARE CORRUPTED. THEN WHO WILL COME TO TIE THE BELL TO THE CAT... IN THE DARK ROOM WHO WILL LIGHT THE LAMP ... SOMEBODY SHOULD BEGIN ISN'T? NEXT LANGUAGE... THE LATE MGR IS NOT A TAMILIAN.... BUT RULED TAMILNADU IN A GOOD MANNER UNTIL HIS DEATH. SO WHY NOT MR. RAJNIKANT...? IF HE WANTS TO DO GOOD THINGS FOR TAMILIANS... LET HIM DO. WE WILL WELCOME HIM IN POLITICS. MR. RAJNI SIR YOU ARE WELCOME TO POLITICS. DEFINITELY MY VOTE IS FOR YOU...
                        1. G
                          ganesh
                          May 20, 2017 at 9:59 am
                          Dear Mr.Rajini, Is it fair ?.... Since long time you have been cheating your fans . It is evident that all this drama is to promote your film.... if you have guts , can you come to ground and address speech in front of tamil people then you will understand your real "worth". Your film will turn duds and it is pay off for you. ( already you have been half paid off by god )....
                          1. T
                            t k
                            May 20, 2017 at 6:41 am
                            Dear Rajini, please stay away from TN politics. Tamilians always like corrupt politicians and will never vote for people like Kamaraj or Kakkan. No one can change the fate of TN as voters are being bribed by so called Dravidian parties.