In fresh hint at joining politics, Rajinikanth tells fans to be ready for ‘war’

Written by Arun Janardhanan | Chennai | Updated: May 20, 2017 7:32 am
rajinikanth, rajinikanth politics, rajinikanth meets fans, rajinikanth fans, rajinikanth news, rajinikanth joins politics, rajinikanth on politics, rajinikanth movies, entertainment news, indian express, indian express news Super star Rajinikanth (PTI Photo)

MAINTAINING THAT the political system is “corrupt” and democracy is in a “rotten” state in Tamil Nadu, actor Rajinikanth on Friday dropped a fairly broad hint that he will join politics as he appealed fans to be ready for “war” at the right time.

Speaking on the fifth and last day of his programme to interact with fans from various districts, held at Raghvendra wedding hall here, Rajinikanth also asserted his Tamil identity, calling the people of Tamil Nadu “God”, who made him the star he is today.

Reacting to some statements that he is not Tamil — without mentioning the identity bit, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy today reportedly slammed his purported political plans, stating that the superstar has “no future in politics” — Rajinikanth said, “There were questions being raised on whether Rajinikanth is a Tamil. I am 66 now. I lived in Karnataka for 23 years and the remaining 43 years here (Tamil Nadu).”

He said, “You made me…gave me all this fame and wealth. You Gods (Tamil fans) made me a Thamizhan (Tamil). So I am a pacha Thamizhan (true-blooded Tamil). My father was born in Krishnagiri (Tamil Nadu)…”

On speculation about his joining politics, Rajinikanth said, “They ask me why I want to correct things when there are others (leaders). Yes, there are (other) leaders: (DMK’s M K) Stalin is there, my good friend (and) the best administrator. Cho (Ramaswamy, late political commentator) used to say Stalin will do the best if given a ‘free hand’ in politics, but that has not happened. (PMK’s) Anbumani Ramadoss is well-educated, has modern thoughts…. (Dalit party VCK leader Thol) Thirumavalavan is also admired a lot. Seeman (leader of Naam Tamilar Katchi) is a fighter. I was excited to listen to some of his views. There are others…”

But to change the “corrupt” system and “rotten” democracy in the state, “we all have to work together”, he said.

Drawing an analogy, Rajinikanth said, “In ancient times, people had their duties and jobs but when war came, they all came together to fight for their pride and values…. (So) you return home, take care of your responsibilities, but when the war comes…keep a watch…”

Stating that his party, VCK, would welcome any move by Rajinikanth to join politics, Thirumavalavan said, “His appeal to prepare for a ‘war’ indicates that his entry into politics may come true this time.”

mr john
    Jun 25, 2017 at 1:52 am
    Join the Illuminati call Mr John 2347063915230 Join the great Illuminati Freemason today, Do you want to become a business Man/Woman, or you are seeking for wisdom and knowledge, Pastor,Politician, Musician,Doctor,
      Dan Jerry
      Jun 25, 2017 at 1:50 am
      my family no money to take care of them until one day I decided to join the great Illuminati , I come across them in the internet I never believe I said let me try I email them.all what they said we happen in my life just started it was like a dream to me they really change my story totally . They give me the sum of $1,200,000 and many thing. through the Illuminati I was able to become rich, and have many industry on my own and become famous and popular in my country , today me and my family is living happily and I am the most happiest man here is the opportunity for you to join the Illuminati and become rich and famous in life and be like other people and you life we be change totally.If you are interested in joining the great brotherhood Illuminati.then contact him 2348106618681 email:illuminatibrotherpowerful or you need my assistance email:danjerry04 ...
        Dan Jerry
        Jun 25, 2017 at 1:49 am
        Welcome to brotherhood Illuminati where you can become rich famous and popular and your life story we be change totally my name is Dan Jerry I am here to share my testimony on how I join the great brotherhood Illuminati and my life story was change immediately I was very poor no job and I has no money to even feed and take care of my family I was confuse in life I don’t know what to do I try all my possible best to get money but no one work out for me each day I share tears, I was just looking out my family no money to take care of them until one day I decided to join the great Illuminati , I come across them in the internet I never believe I said let me try I email them.all what they said we happen in my life just started it was like a dream to me they really change my story totally . They give me the sum of $1,200,000 and many thing. through the Illuminati I was able to become rich, and have many industry on my own and become famous and popular in my country , today me and my family
        1. J
          jude
          Jun 19, 2017 at 12:14 pm
          Illuminati secret brotherhood . Are you a student, businessmen and women, footballer, pastor, singer,entertainer, presenter, governors, president, lecture and you want to be known all over the world and to become rich, famous and powerful or you want to have power to protect your family and your wealth kindly join the great Illuminati family ( CHURCH OF LORD LUCIFER ) to achieve all your heart wishes add us on whatsapp on 2348172660745 under the conditions, you must be 18yrs and above to make your clear decision.whatsapp us on 2348172660745 add us on this (williamsjude05 )
          1. J
            jude
            Jun 19, 2017 at 12:07 pm
            1. J
              jude
              Jun 18, 2017 at 1:30 pm
              1. J
                jude
                Jun 14, 2017 at 7:42 pm
                  powell smth
                  May 24, 2017 at 9:17 pm
                  HELL0!!! do you want to be a member of the great illuminat brotherhood and start reciving 50,000,000,00USDmonthly and be popular among others and have riches and fame,,this is the only chance of being a member,i was sent by the freemason high chief to bring 52 members into the illuminatii have gotten 32,so we are looking for 2,,so try and be among the twenty people to be rich,wealthy and famous beyond measures,and your heart desires will be granted unto you. CALL AT 19149203849,WHATSAPP THE G MASTER AT 2348032496611 OR EMAIL AT;powellscottilluminati666@gmail ,,,so that we can begin the joining process...