• Associate Sponsor

In fresh hint at joining politics, Rajinikanth tells fans to be ready for ‘war’

Written by Arun Janardhanan | Chennai | Updated: May 20, 2017 7:32 am
rajinikanth, rajinikanth politics, rajinikanth meets fans, rajinikanth fans, rajinikanth news, rajinikanth joins politics, rajinikanth on politics, rajinikanth movies, entertainment news, indian express, indian express news Super star Rajinikanth (PTI Photo)

MAINTAINING THAT the political system is “corrupt” and democracy is in a “rotten” state in Tamil Nadu, actor Rajinikanth on Friday dropped a fairly broad hint that he will join politics as he appealed fans to be ready for “war” at the right time.

Speaking on the fifth and last day of his programme to interact with fans from various districts, held at Raghvendra wedding hall here, Rajinikanth also asserted his Tamil identity, calling the people of Tamil Nadu “God”, who made him the star he is today.

Reacting to some statements that he is not Tamil — without mentioning the identity bit, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy today reportedly slammed his purported political plans, stating that the superstar has “no future in politics” — Rajinikanth said, “There were questions being raised on whether Rajinikanth is a Tamil. I am 66 now. I lived in Karnataka for 23 years and the remaining 43 years here (Tamil Nadu).”

He said, “You made me…gave me all this fame and wealth. You Gods (Tamil fans) made me a Thamizhan (Tamil). So I am a pacha Thamizhan (true-blooded Tamil). My father was born in Krishnagiri (Tamil Nadu)…”

On speculation about his joining politics, Rajinikanth said, “They ask me why I want to correct things when there are others (leaders). Yes, there are (other) leaders: (DMK’s M K) Stalin is there, my good friend (and) the best administrator. Cho (Ramaswamy, late political commentator) used to say Stalin will do the best if given a ‘free hand’ in politics, but that has not happened. (PMK’s) Anbumani Ramadoss is well-educated, has modern thoughts…. (Dalit party VCK leader Thol) Thirumavalavan is also admired a lot. Seeman (leader of Naam Tamilar Katchi) is a fighter. I was excited to listen to some of his views. There are others…”

But to change the “corrupt” system and “rotten” democracy in the state, “we all have to work together”, he said.

Drawing an analogy, Rajinikanth said, “In ancient times, people had their duties and jobs but when war came, they all came together to fight for their pride and values…. (So) you return home, take care of your responsibilities, but when the war comes…keep a watch…”

Stating that his party, VCK, would welcome any move by Rajinikanth to join politics, Thirumavalavan said, “His appeal to prepare for a ‘war’ indicates that his entry into politics may come true this time.”

1. henry Smith
    Jan 12, 2018 at 1:17 am
    My name is Mr. EHIJATOR ADEBAYO, I am 33 years old and I based in Canada. I want to notify the general public how I was helped by Illuminati temple in regaining back my business position after been sacked for about a year and six months. I have been in pains and trouble since when I was sacked from the company where I work called Canada Deposit Insurance corporation in Ottawa (headquarter) in Canada as an agency executive. I have been hopeless, financially down through out that year. But one day as I was browsing through the Internet I came across the testimony posted by Mrs Thereasa Mathew on how an Illuminati agent MARK ANORLD helped her, saying you can be famous, rich and successful in life by been a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood, immediately I contacted him and I explained everything to him and he recommended me and he helped me by initiating me to the Great Illuminati Brotherhood and also he gave me all the guidelines and told me their place of worship here in Canada
    (0)(0)
    1. Marty Williams
      Dec 31, 2017 at 2:09 am
      Hello everyone I am mr francis anderson from usa, I am giving a testimony on how I joined the illuminati brotherhood, I was trying to join this organization for so many years now,I was scammed by fake agent in south Africa and nigeria,I was down,I could not feed my self and my family anymore and I tryed to make money by all miss but all avail, I was afraid to contact any illuminati agent because they have eat my money.One day I across a post of someone giving a testimony, thanking a man called Paul mark of being helping him to join the illuminati brotherhood, then I look at the man email and the phone number that was written there, it was a nigeria number I was afraid to contact him because a nigerian agent eat my 5,000$ and go away with the money then I was very tired, confused and I decided to contact the person that was given the testimony and i called him and I communicated with him on phone calls before he started telling me his own story about when he wanted to join, he told
      (0)(0)
      1. paul joyice
        Oct 6, 2017 at 6:34 pm
        HOW TO JOIN THE GREAT ILLUMINATI GROUP HELLO EVERYONE THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY.JOIN THE GREAT ILLUMINATI CALL 234764900614 AND GET RICH WE PROVED MONEY TO PEOPLE THAT ARE MEMBER SO WE WELCOME YOU TO JOIN NOW SAY BY BY TO POVERTY AND GET 18MILLION AFTER INITIATION CALL OR WHASSAP ONE OF THE GREAT HIRE PRIEST IN NIGERIA 2347064900614 or eamil joyicepaul22 If you do not want to join the Illuminati do not read this message. Rules You must be above 18 years of age. You must have full access to the internet. You must not discuss the secret of the Illuminati to anyone. We are not interested in anyone who has obtained their knowledge about the Illuminati based on what they u2019ve HEARD from Mass Media (News or Performing Arts), Conspiracy Theorists (Amateur or Professional Authors or Speculators), Internet Rumors, or other HERESY. Once you join the Illuminati within one week of your membership you will achieved the greatest goal in life and also have wealth
        (0)(0)
        1. paul joyice
          Oct 6, 2017 at 6:09 pm
          (0)(0)
          1. H
            Harry B Scott
            Sep 20, 2017 at 9:06 pm
            Are you frustrated in life. What type of wealth do you want?,do you want to become a member of the great Illuminati brotherhood,so you can be rich and well know in the society,do you want to leave poverty and come to light,do you want to end all you hardship,than no time to waste,you have to email homeofilluminatichurchofdevil It's free for those in the United States.
            (0)(0)