Escalating his attack against the Bharatiya Janata Party Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi over his development claims, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Thrusday said he is a “vikaspurush” (development man) only for industrialists.
“Modi is a vikaspurush, but only for Adanis and Ambanis,” said Kejriwal after meeting farmers in Mundra taluka where Adani Port and Special Economic zone (SEZ) is located.
“Big industries in a nexus with government started acquiring lands, he alleged, while adding that “it seems that the entire land of Gujarat is on sale.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Industries have earned so much black money that they will flee to Switzerland any day,” he further alleged.
“Through media he (Modi) conspires a propaganda of development. But have you heard voices of content here? People are only talking about their agony,” Kejriwal said.
The former Delhi chief minister also met Sikh farmers in Abdasa earlier and told them, “Gujarat government does not want to give Sikh farmers their land.”
“Gujarat government froze their land in 2010, they approached court and have hired big lawyers so that Sikh farmers remained deprived of their land,” he said.
Prithvi Singh, a farmers’ representative, said, “We put our issue before Kejriwal regarding anti-farmers’ policy of the state. He assured us that he will raise our issue, though we know model code of conduct has come into effect, anyone cannot do anything.”
“We have given many representations to the state government but it didn’t help us, instead Modi is fighting till the Supreme Court,” Singh said.
“In this political scenario, we have some hope from AAP and Kejriwal,” he added.
Kejriwal also met representatives from the fishermen community and tried to visit a hospital in Bhuj, but could not reach there due to a blockade set-up by a mob shouting pro-Modi slogans.
On Wednesday, Kejriwal was briefly “detained” in Radhanpur and his car was damaged in an attack by alleged BJP workers in Kutch.