Surat city police booked 18 people for cupable homicide including three engineers employed in the bridge department of Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC), contractors, project management consultancy firm, blaming them for the collapse of the fly over under construction, at Athwalines that killed ten labourers and left six severely wounded on June 10.
The accused were booked for culpable homicide not amounting to murder (section 304 IPC), besides other sections of the IPC. The list of accused also includes executive engineer of the Bridge cell BK Gadhiya, whose son, Vivek’s illegally constructed four storey diamond factory in Varachha was demolished on Thursday. The SMC suspected nepotism had led to the construction of the building in violation of the by laws.
Four directors of Rachna constructions, Mahendra Patel, Rajendra Patel, Vasantlal Patel and Navin Patel, and others identified as Sanjay Patel, Paresh Patel, site in-charge Janak Patel, SMC officials- N K Dixit (Deputy Engineer with Bridge cell) and J P Akbari (Junior Engineer with bridge cell), five engineers of Spectrum Techno consultants identified as B K Naik (Resident Engineer ), Shailesh Parmar (Assistant Engineer), Akash Patel (Junior Engineer), Sanjay Patel (Junior Engineer), Bhavesh Patel (Technical Assistant), Project Management Consultant S N Bhobe associates proprietor Atul Bhobe, his staffers Asha Patil and Mahesh Paskand were also booked.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Police sources said that the fault lay in the design of the flyover that had a curved span and the materials used by Rachana Constructions were also found to be inferior.
On June 10, the span of an under construction fly over bridge joining the approach of cable stayed bridge near Surat district court, collapsed early morning killing ten labourers.
The SMC set up a team of expert engineers of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Institute of Technology (SVNIT) Surat, to investigate into the incident and also check whether materials used in the construction were appropriate or not. However Surat police department had lodged a complaint of accidental death and had appointed three professors of SVNIT college and FSL department to investigate. Parallel to this the state government formed a team headed by G R Aloria, Principal secretary (Urban Development) GERI (Gujarat Engineering and Research Institute, Vadodara) officials, Gandhinagar FSL officials and expert engineers to investigate into the incident.
Surat police department after getting primary details from the SVNIT professors had found that it is into the negligency into the part of duties which had resulted into the incident.
After getting a primary report, police inspector of Umra police station S G Rana had lodged complaint against 18 persons including three engineers of SMC bridge cell, with Umra police station under different sections of IPC 304 (3), 337 (Causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) ,338 (Causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 114.
Assistant Commissioner of police E division H M Dudhat said, “We have registered an a complaint on the basis of the primary report we got from different agencies who were working into the incident. It seems that there is a faulty design which had resulted into incident. Till now we were busy in collecting the evidence and trying to find out any negligence. Now slowly we will start calling the accused and get their statements registered and later arrest them.”