A senior official of the Customs and Central Excise, S S Sharma, was on Friday arrested by Vadodara crime branch police for allegedly molesting a nine-year-old girl, who is the daughter of the cook in his official residence.
Based on a complaint filed by the girl’s mother, a case under Section 354 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) was lodged against Sharma on July 7, and he was absconding ever since.
The case was handed over to the city crime branch. ACP (crime) MB Joshi said that Sharma, accompanied with his son and a lawyer, surrendered himself at the control room of the Police Bhavan Friday morning and has been sent to judicial custody.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“He surrendered after eluding arrest for four days, and has been sent to judicial custody. He is booked for sexually harassing a 9-year-old girl,” Joshi said.
As per the details of the case, Sharma, who is posted as the commissioner, Central Excise and Customs (National Academy of Custom Excise and Narcotics), entered the house of his cook who lives at the servants’ quarters situated near his residence at Race course circle, and allegedly molested her daughter when she was alone. The girl, who is a class V student, escaped from his clutches and ran away to a neighbour house.
The girl’s parents complained about this incident, which happened on Friday last week, to the chief commissioner, and then lodged an FIR with the Gotri police station on July 7.
“We have learnt that Sharma is mentally troubled as he is under psychiatric treatment. We are probing all angles even as he has denied any wrong-doing after surrendering himself,” Joshi said.